Under Eye Bag Removal
What Under Eye Bag Removal?
In the past, eye bags (tear trough) and dark circles can be problematic. Much more so with having an eye bag removal surgery. But over the last decade, new surgery techniques and products are developed to address eye bag removal.
We are under the impression that we can avoid getting eye bag by having good night sleep but unfortunately, that’s not the case as eyebag are made up of fats and can be genetic. Eye bag is a prolapse of the fat that’s beneath the eye in the lower lid. Bags under the eyes are common sign of ageing and usually presents as minor puffiness or swelling. Another thing that can create the appearance of eyebag is the presence of a trough also known as tear trough. Tear troughs are hollows between the lower eyelid and the cheeks. It is a ligament that pulls the area down underneath the fat pads. The outcome of this pulling down action is that the fat pad swell, creating a tear trough that’s attached to a sunken area under the eye.
Eye bags are considered cosmetic concern as it may cause the perception of tiredness and typically treated with surgery and non-surgical procedures and deciding between them will depend on the patient and the seriousness of the bags or amount of fat under the eyes.
What causes fat pads under eyes?
Bags under the eyes happens when weakened and sagging excess skin relaxes which forms a pouch. The fat pads located under the eye slip down to fill space. Excess fluid in the body can also add up, making the lower lids even puffier and more swollen.
How much does it cost to remove under eyebags?
The price starts at $495 onward. There are several surgery treatment options for under eye treatments. During the consultation, our doctors will their personal assessment and provide a treatment plan suitable for your needs.
How do you get rid of bags under your eyes?
Blepharoplasty surgery is an eyelid surgery that improves the shape of the eyelids and reduces sagging of the skin. There are two types of blepharoplasty surgery, the upper blepharoplasty surgery which is the eyelid surgery that removes or reposition changing amounts of skin, muscles, and fats if there is already an existing hollowness in the upper eyelid while lower blepharoplasty surgery is the eyelid surgery for the lower lid which includes eyebag removal
A lower eyelid blepharoplasty surgery is a more complex procedure which requires incision under the eyelash line, running beyond the corner of the eye. Excess skin, muscles, and fats are removed or repositioned through this incision. At times, especially for younger patients, the main aesthetic issue is the underlying fat bulge. In this scenario, a transconjunctival “scarless” method through the inside the eyelid is opted. In some cases, eliminating the fat/skin under the eyes can cause the eyes to appear more hollow and worsen the overall appearance hence the need of further treatment to put volume back into the area in the form of dermal fillers. Medications and ointment are prescribed to help in faster healing and to prevent infection after the surgery. You must wear sunglasses to protect the eye area until healing is completed
Another option is fat transfer from another part of the body. This involves a minor liposuction to harvest fat from an area such as the abdomen, and then injecting this fat into the under eye.
Can eyebags be removed without surgery?
There are several types of non-surgical eye treatments including dermal filler, PRP, and blepharoplasty
Dermal fillers are gel-liked substance used to fill-up the trough or area beneath the lower eyelid. Typically, they are made of hyaluronic acid – a sugar derivative which is naturally found in the body and can hold 1000 times its own weight in water. However, HA in dermal fillers are made in the laboratory. Its levels in our skin do change over time and as our body modifies or breaks it down with enzymes as part of our metabolic processes. Dermal fillers have been used to successfully correct tear troughs. It is important to note though that tear trough can be difficult to treat with derma fillers. Over filling the under eye with dermal fillers can increase the appearance of tiredness.
PRP or Platelet Rich Plasma is component of your blood that contains growth factor that serve various purposes ,such as collagen production, for younger looking appearance. For bag removal, It is injected in the eye area that you want to have cosmetically done.
Another way to reduce bags and dark circles on the lower eyelids is through Microneedling. How it works is by inducing collagen through puncturing the skin with fine needles. Although this cost less than dermal fillers, lower eyelid lasers and eyelid surgery, the effect of the treatment may take a while. The healing process is quick and one may need 6 sessions spaced 1 month apart. This is not recommended for those who prone to keloids and scars.
One of the most common non-surgical eye treatment is the non-surgical blepharoplasty also known as eyelid reduction or eye bag removal. Natural process of ageing and excessive sun exposure causes the skin to loose elasticity and blepharoplasty removes the excess skin and the fatty tissue surrounding the eye area. The treatment may be done using a plasma resurfacing and may take longer than the usual injectable procedures. You may feel moderately uncomfortable and sensitive during your eyelid procedure since this is the area where the skin is at its thinnest.
Plasma resurfacing is a non-laser treatment that uses plasma pen. Plasma energy comes out of a pen-like device
During the eyelid surgery you will be given local anaesthesia and sedation or general anaesthesia depending on the assessment of your doctor.
Is under eye bag treatment safe?
Any cosmetic procedure on the upper and lower eyelid surgery is safe as long as it is performed by a certified doctor. It is strongly discourage going to generic aesthetic clinics that offer low-cost treatments because the money you thought you will save from getting a cheaper procedure may will not be worth the possible serious side effects and complications. It is crucial that you have it done by a highly skilled doctor who has the complete understanding of the anatomy of the eyes.
Is eyelid treatment painful?
Blepharoplasty is rarely associated with significant pain. Appropriate pain killers will be supplied to you during surgery for cases that you will need them. If you will have the injectable procedure, topical cosmetic cream may be applied prior to the procedure and most fillers already have an anaesthetic mixed to them
How to get rid of under eye bag naturally?
While it is still best to consult a certified cosmetic doctor, there are other ways you can get rid of the under-eye bag. Aside from getting surgery, there are a lot of ways to get rid of the bags under the eyes. From proper skincare to eating healthy, your skin around your eyes
- Tea Bag . Caffeinated tea bags contain antioxidants that increase blood flow to the skin and potentially slow the aging process. Particularly, green tea has inflammatory effects to de-puff those inflated fats in your lower eyelids. You may apply chilled steeped tea bags to your under eye area and leave it on for 15 to 30 minutes.
- Cold Compress . A DIY cold compress can save you a lot of money from those expensive eye creams. You may use a chilled teaspoon, cold cucumber, wet washcloth, or bag of frozen veggies for a few minutes. When cold compress is applied to your lower eyelid, your blood vessels constrict. Ensure to do wrap the cold compress with a cloth to avoid further damage due to too much coldness.
- Keep Hydrated. Being hydrated plays an important role to lighten dark circles. Increasing water intake help reduce undereye bag. It is recommended to drink 13 cups per day for men and 9 cups per day for women.
- Sunscreen. Wearing sunscreen also helps with the bags and discoloration of the lower eyelids. So choose daily a face moisturizer that’s SPF 30 or higher.
- Sleep . Limited sleep does not cause tired eyes but may accentuate the dark eye circles. Little to no sleep makes your skin paler making shadows on your fair and around your eye more apparent. It is recommended to get 7 to 8 hours of sleep each night to reduce the appearance of under-eye bags.
- Eating healthy. As we grow older, collagen production decreases, muscles, and tissues in our eyelids weaken. This leads to the formation of excess skin as fat to sag around the eyes. To boost the essential acids and collagen production in our body, it is advisable to take Vitamin C, eat fruits and vegetables and food rich in iron. Cut back on salty foods like chips as too much salt makes our eyes puffier.