Thread Face Lift Cost
Thread Face Lift Cost
As the ageing process naturally occurs, the skin in the face and neck tends to lose firmness and becomes saggy. Skin laxity is due to the decrease of the volume of elastin and collagen fibre. In the old days, the only cosmetic procedure available is surgery until thread lift procedure is uncovered.
Thread lift is a minimally invasive procedure and is typically done on an outpatient basis. Thread lift is procedure which involves application of local anaesthesia and making small incision in areas to be treated and using a specially designed thin needle , inserting thread lifting and suspending the skin under.
Threads has two major materials, the suture which functions as the frame under the skin and the cone which holds the suture.
What areas commonly need thread lifting?
Threads lift loose skin in these common face and neck areas for facial rejuvenation
As we get old, folds and wrinkles becomes more visible. Thread lift will aid in lifting the sagging skin but take note that it won’t address the volume loss of the cheeks.
- Chin and neck
Double chin is a common problem in the lower face corrected by threads lifting the loose skin in the chin and neck
Eye thread gives around your eye a firmer and smoother look
Eyebrow is a big factor to human communication and facial expression and that is where thread lifts come in
Thread lift can be performed in the forehead to treat the skin laxity between the scalp and eyebrow
- Jowls and jawline (lower face)
Jowls is the sagging skin below the jawline. This is more distinct if skin is thicker and has more fat.
- Marionette lines
These are lines below the nasolabial folds. These are deep wrinkles in the facial skin that gives an individual a permanent frown
- Nasolabial fold and smile lines (mid-face)
These are skin laxity that run from each side of the nose to the corners of the mouth
Threads are placed along the nasal bridge to give projection to the nose. The threads are injected under the skin to elevate the bridge and tip while collagen is formed to give it a lift.
Are all thread lifts procedure the same?
There are different thread lift techniques, each depending on the materials used and the method of placing the threads. It is important that you research and seek the service of a qualified doctor who understands your facial anatomy and ensure getting the prime outcome that you desire
Why should I get thread lift?
Although result may not be as adequate as surgery, thread lifts has several benefits compared to dermal fillers or plastic surgery
- It is non-surgical and safe
Generally, thread lift is considered low risk making it very safe but over time, there are non-cosmetic doctors or plastic surgeon who are already offering it. It is still best to seek the services of certified cosmetic professionals who specializes in this area to prevent you from running into further complications.
- Not permanent
If you are not satisfied with the result of your thread lift, you can always request to have it adjusted, replaced, or even removed. Thread lift is not permanent and when threads are removed, you will just go back to how you looked before the lift.
- Fast and minimal recovery
Recovery time of thread lifts in the face is comparatively easy and fast because there is no surgery needed compared to facelift which usually takes up to two weeks. After the procedure, you can readily go back to your regular habits and even drive yourself when you go home. Just refrain from participating in heavy and difficult actvities
- Immediate and subtle result
Youthful look will appear very natural.
After having the thread implanted you will see the threads lifting effect immediately. It occurs as a result of the compression of the tissue as well as elevating the skin both at the same time
- Can simultaneously be performed with other non surgery procedure
One can undergo thread lift with other non-surgical face and neck procedure at the same time because of it’s almost non existence risk and rapid recovery.
Who is a good candidate for thread lift?
Commitment matters when going through thread lift. There are several surgery and procedure that can help in the improvement of your appearance and you have to make sure that thread lift is the one for you. If you are not sure how thread lift will work for and what will it cost you, it is best to speak with your doctor
Demographically speaking, Those who will be most beneficial for threads are men and women over the age of 30 who are seeking to battle the signs of ageing
Individual with very thin skin due to genetics, advancing age, or too much sun exposure is not be a good candidate of thread lift. Other facial rejuvenation treatment will be recommended for them.
How long does thread lift last?
Since we cannot stop the natural process of ageing, further skin sagging will continue in different areas. Depending on the threads used, thread lift may last up to a year or so. It is also necessary to know how to maintain it so that the effect will remain longer. Additional facial rejuvenation procedure will also help in the longevity of the thread lift.
How long before results of threads becomes visible?
Typically, you will see results will only after 2 to 6 months from the time of procedure as the collagen revitalisation is triggered once the body absorbed the threads. Initial results though will be seen right after after thread lift treatment. The threads will dissolve after 6 months but results may be maintained up to 12 months
What is the recovery time of thread lift?
Being minimally invasive, thread lift has very less recovery time. Downtime is just up to 3 days and you can actually go back to your daily routine right after thread lift is done unless it requires you to participate in a demanding and difficult activities.
How much does thread lift cost in Australia?
The rates per region in Australia differs but roughly, average cosmetic treatment cost starts at $695. You will know the estimate amount after the state of your skin is evaluated because charges is not by the threads but on the complexity of the thread lift procedure. You also have to take into consideration the level of expertise and experience of the doctor who will perform the treatment.
Is a thread lift painful?
Pain actually depends on the level of tolerance of the patient. In general, there will be minimal pain and slight discomfort. Local anaesthesia will be injected to lessen, if not totally get rid of, the sensation.
Soreness and swelling may occur and expected after the thread lift procedure.
What to expect after thread lifting?
- Dimpling, puckering, bunching and other skin deformities may happen after thread lift but no need to panic as they are just temporary
- Firmness under the skin
- Snapping of threads but this won’t cause unevenness. Tightness will become better after few weeks
- swelling, soreness, and some changes in skin may occur. Swelling may not be visible but it will make the thread feel thicker so it is as if you are feeling the threads. After the healing completed after the procedure, there are threads that you will feel due to its migration. It is like a pimple like sensation under the skin. In many cases, it can be eliminated with appropriate soft massage.
- Threads are injected underneath the skin. They are also clear and cannot be seen even if the skin is fair and thin. Threads can only be visible if placed too close to the surface of the skin.
- Post care, try to be gentle when cleaning your face especially on the thread lift area
What to expect after thread lifting?
In order to achieve the best results after the thread lifts , it is important that you religously follow the doctor’s instructions
- Reduce caffeine and nicotine prior to your procedure.
- Take Arnica tablets for 3 days before, and continuing for 7 days after your thread lifts procedure to help minimise bruising and swelling.
- Avoid Vitamin E, Fish oil, and green tea for 10 days before and after the surgery.
- DO NOT take Aspirin, Nurofen, or anti-inflammatories for 2-3 weeks before the procedure. If you are on anti-inflammatories please inform the Doctor.
- Do not drink alcohol for 48 hours pre and post thread lift.
- If you are taking anticoagulant or blood platelet anti-aggregation drugs please advise the Clinic.
- Smokers tend to heal a little slower than non-smokers. You may be recommended Vitamin C.
- If you suffer from cold sores please discuss this with the Doctor. You may need to take anti-viral therapy for 3 days before and after surgery.
- For the first 48 hours after thread lift, apply cold compresses on the treated skin area. Remember, no pressure is to be exerted on the skin. The compresses should only be placed gently on the areas where the threads have been implanted.
- Immediately after the thread lift, lessen frequent speaking and excessive laughter up to 24 hours. Excessive speaking and laughter can increase unwanted facial movements and can affect the results.
- Elevate the treated area when sleeping. Use extra pillows and support, and sleep on your back for 7 days. Do not sleep with pressure on your treated skin.
- Antibiotic therapy is necessary after thread lift. Your Doctor will prescribe an appropriate antibiotic for you.
- After the thread lift, it is recommended that you consume soft, warm food so that your mouth only opens a small amount for 7 days.
- Drink plenty of fluids. Avoid very hot drinks.
- Do not pull your face down.
- Do not raise your eyebrows or smile.
- No smoking if possible.
- No drinking with straws as this distorts the facial muscles.
- Avoid shaving for 10 days after procedure (because of involuntary grimacing). After 10 days you may shave with a new blade, allowing one pass over the skin without contorting the face. Normal shaving may be resumed after 1 month.
- Do not use make up for 3-5 days.
- Hold face with your hands if crying, laughing, coughing or sneezing to avoid excessive use of facial muscles.
- No strenuous exercise for at least 14 days. Light exercise (eg. Walking) is OK, but if you have any doubt please discuss with Doctor.
- Paracetamol or Paracetamol with codeine as required.
- It is normal to experience some swelling, bruising, and slight discomfort after the thread lift. There may be a feeling of tightness, pulling, and tenderness.
- All thread lifts are done with surgical sutures
- There are two FDA approved absorbable threadsMINT (Minimal Invasive Nonsurgical Thread) PDO threads and Silhouette Soft
- Thread lifts requires specialist training in understanding the muscle and tissue composition under the skin
- After the lift, you have to give few weeks for the threads to settle to its right place
- It will only take an estimate of 20 minutes to complete the thread lift
- You can enjoy more than one thread lift. After 6 to 9 month, you should go back to the doctor for follow-up check-up and see if additional sessions is needed.