Thread Face Lift Before And After
What is a thread lift?
Because of the nature of ageing, skin becomes saggy and wrinkles and fine lines starts to be more prominent. In the old days, face lift is the only cosmetic procedure available for these skin problems. With the technology we have now, there is already a non-surgical option called thread lift which is becoming a favourite treatment to achieve a facial rejuvenation and youthful look.
Also called as suture lift and known as lunchtime facelift, thread lift is a minimally invasive procedure that claims to tighten the skin and sculpt the shape of your face for enhancement.
Main materials for the thread lift procedure are Suture and moulded cones. The suture acts as the frame under the skin surface to lift sagging skin tissue while the cones hold the suture in place. Both are absorbed by the body and activate the production of new collagens which aids the natural tightening of the skin.
Collagen is the most rich protein in the body and is the major component of the connective tissue that make up several body parts such as tendons, ligaments, muscles, and skin. One of the primary function of collagen is to provide structure in the skin.
After the threads are inserted, doctor will apply slight pressure to the area to reshape the surface of the skin and achieve the result immediately.
What are the benefits of thread lift?
Although result may not be as dramatical as a surgical facelift, thread lifts has plenty of benefits
- It is non-invasive and safe
There will be no cutting and reattaching involved. Since this doesn’t entail surgical procedure, risk is very low
- Not permanent
Threads can be easily adjusted, replaced, or removed if you are not satisfied with the outcome
- Fast and minimal recovery
One of the biggest advantages of getting thread lifting is the recovery time is comparatively easy and fast compared to facelift which usually takes up to two weeks. After the treatment, you can readily go back to your daily routines
- Immediate and subtle result
Changes in the face and neck will be subtle since skin will only be lifted by few milimeters giving you appearance a more natural look
- Can be performed together with other non surgical procedures
One can undergo thread lift simultaneously with other non-surgical skin and facial procedure since risk is just low and recovery is fast. In this way, the different skin and facial procedure can complement each other which may result to the best facial outcome
How long before results of threads becomes visible?
Ideal results will only appear 2 to 6 months after as the collagen production is stimulated once the body absorbed the threads. Initial results though will be seen right after after thread lift treatment. The threads will dissolve after 6 months but results will be maintained much longer
The results of threads can last for a long time however, it becomes looser over time. Since we cannot stop the natural process of ageing, further skin sagging will continue in different areas. Another treatment can be required after few months or years to make the skin stay tighter but that is not the norm.
What to expect after thread lift?
- Irregularities of the skin may occur in the thread lift areas such as dimples, puckering, and bunching but this is just temporary
- Firmness under the skin
- Snapping of threads but this won’t cause unevenness. Tightness will become better after few weeks
- Give thread lift time to settle. You experience swelling and some changes in skin may occur.
- Threads are injected underneath the skin. They are also clear and cannot be seen even if the skin is fair and thin. Threads can only be visible if placed too close to the surface of the skin.
- Post care, try to be gentle when cleaning your face especially on the thread lift area
- Right after the thread lift, there will be swelling around the thread. It won’t be visible but it will make the thread feel thicker so it is as if you are feeling the threads. After the healing completed, there are threads that you will feel due to its migration. It is like a pimple like sensation under the skin. In many cases, it can be eliminated with appropriate soft massage.
Thread lifts are commonly used in what area?
Common area is the face and neck but other sites can also benefit from lifting of facial tissue
As we get old, cheeks will have more visible folds and wrinkles. Thread lift will aid in lifting the sagging skin but take note that it won’t address the volume loss of the cheeks.
threading lift the eye by inserting threads into skin near the eyebrow or under the eye. Eye thread lift gives a firmer and smoother look around the eye.
Brow lift will reduce wrinkles above the eyelids and will give the eyebrow a youthful appearance
Sagging skin between the scalp and eyebrow can have forehead thread lift procedure
The best candidates for the threads are those with developing jowls and sagging skin, usually around the cheeks and jawline. Before, facelift is the only option to address these face and skin concerns but now, thread lift is already an alternative
Threads are placed along the nasal bridge for the height and septum to give the nose a projection. After injections, threads lift the bridge and tip while collagen is formed to give supportable lift.
What is the recovery time of thread lift?
Compared to other procedure, thread lift has least recovery time. Downtime is just up to 3 days and you may actually go back to work right after thread lift is done unless it requires you to participate in a demanding and difficult activities.
Thread face lift cost
Price in Australia changes per region. Average cosmetic treatment ranges from $695 to $1295. You won’t know the exact amount until the state of your skin is evaluated because cost is not by the threads but on the complexity of the thread lift procedure. You also have to factor in the experience and level of expertise of the doctor who will perform the treatment.
Will it hurt to get thread lift?
Thread lift is not pain-free and you will experience slight discomfort, though, to make it minimal, a specially designed thin needle will be used. Also, local anaesthesia will be injected to lessen, if not totally get rid of, the sensation. Pain will also depend on the level of tolerance of an individual.
Expect that soreness and swelling may also occur after the thread lift procedure.
Thread lift gone wrong
If you are unhappy with the result of your thread lift, you can always request to have it adjusted, replaced, or even removed. Thread lift is temporary and when threads are removed, you will just go back to how you looked before the lift.
Individual with very thin skin due to genetics, advancing age, or too much sun exposure may not be a good candidate of thread lift. Other facial rejuvenation treatment may be recommended for them.
Generally, thread lift is low risk but over time, there are non-cosmetic doctors who are already offering it. It is still best to seek the services of certified cosmetic professionals who specializes in this area to prevent you from running into further complications.
Are the procedures of all thread lifts the same?
There are different thread lift techniques, each depending on the materials used and the method of placing the threads. It is vital that you seek the service of a qualified doctor who understands your facial anatomy to make sure that you are maximizing the result of the treatment. Also, it is always good to do research beforehand to make sure that you know what to expect and you are confident that the treatment is the right one for you.
Dos and don’ts after thread lift
In order to attain cut above results after the thread lifts , it is very vital that you strictly follow the doctor’s orders. For any unusual happenings, contact your doctor or clinic immediately
- Lessen, if not eliminate, caffeine and nicotine before the procedure.
- Take Arnica tablets for 3 days before, and continuing for 7 days after your thread lifts procedure to help minimise bruising and swelling.
- Avoid Vitamin E, Fish oil, and green tea for 10 days before and after the thread lift.
- Refrain from drinking Aspirin, Nurofen, or anti-inflammatories for 2-3 weeks before the procedure. Advise your doctor right away of you are on anti-inflammatories
- Prevent from drinking alcohol for 48 hours before and after thread lift.
- If you are taking anticoagulant or blood platelet anti-aggregation drugs, kindly inform your doctor
- It is recommended to take vitamin C especially for smokers because healing tends to be slower compared to non-smokers.
- Please discuss this with the Doctor if you suffer from cold sores . You may need to take anti-viral therapy for 3 days pre and post surgery.
- Apply cold compresses on the treated skin area for the first 48 hours after thread lift procedure. Remember, no pressure is to be exerted on the skin. The compresses should only be placed gently on the areas where the threads have been implanted.
- Immediately after the thread lift, refrain from speaking frequently and laughing excessively up to 24 hours. Excessive speaking and laughter can increase unwanted facial movements and can affect the results.
- Elevate the treated area when sleeping. Use extra pillows and support, and sleep on your back for 7 days. Do not sleep with pressure on the areas where thread lifts was performed
- Antibiotic therapy is necessary after thread lift. It is best to consult your doctor so you will be prescribed an appropriate antibiotic for you.
- After the thread lift, it is recommended that you consume soft, warm food so that your mouth only opens a small amount for 7 days.
- Drink plenty of fluids. Avoid very hot drinks.
- Do not pull your face down.
- Refrain from raising your eyebrows or smile.
- Avoid smoking if possible.
- Straws should not be used when drinking as this distorts the facial muscles.
- Avoid shaving for 10 days after procedure (because of involuntary grimacing). New blade should be used after 10 days, allowing one pass over the skin without contorting the areas of the face. Normal shaving may be resumed after 1 month.
- Make up should not be used for 3-5 days.
- Hold face with your hands if crying, laughing, coughing or sneezing to avoid excessive use of facial muscle tissue.
- No strenuous exercise for at least 14 days. Light exercise like walking is okay.
- Take Paracetamol or Paracetamol with codeine as required.
- It is normal to experience some swelling, bruising, and slight discomfort after the thread lift areas. Thread lift results to feeling of tightness, pulling, and tenderness.
Who can perform thread lift?
Any licensed doctor can perform this thread lifts because it is just simple. Plenty of physicians such as dermatologists, OB/GYN, and even internist can now inject threads. Of course, there will still be difference in the results if face threads is done by a board certified plastic surgeon who specializes in lifts and other cosmetic surgery.