Thread Brow Lift
PDO Thread Lift
PDO thread lift is an effective minimally invasive lift procedure that inserts absorbable PDO threads under the skin tissue. Called as suture lift and known as lunchtime facelift, threads lifts claims to tighten the skin and sculpt the shape of your face for enhancement
Threads used have two major materials, while threads lift under the skin, the suture functions as the frame and the cone which holds the suture.
As the ageing continues, our body’s production of collagen decreases which results to reduction of skin thickness. As the skin weakens, it no longer support the tissue under it and the skin gets pulled down by gravity. Loss in strength and volume causes fine lines, wrinkles and sagging of the skin.
One of the primary function of collagen is to support the growth factor. Collagen is the most abundant protein in the body and is the major component of the connective tissue that make up several body parts such as tendons, ligaments, muscles, and skin. Aside from being used to heal wounds, collagen also aids in giving structure to the skin, keeping it strong, voluminous, and agile.
Who is a good candidate for thread lift?
Commitment matters when going through thread lift. There are several surgery and procedure that can help in the improvement of your appearance and you have to make sure that thread lift is the one for you. If you are not sure how thread lift will work for and what will it cost you, it is best to speak with your doctor
Demographically speaking, Those who will be most beneficial for threads are men and women over the age of 30 who are seeking to battle the signs of ageing. Threading lift loose skin which results to patient having fresher and young vibe
Individual with very thin skin due to genetics, advancing age, or too much sun exposure is not a good candidate of thread lift. Other facial rejuvenation treatment will be recommended for them.
Why should I get brow thread lift?
Face lift used to be the only cosmetic procedure available for skin problems back in the days. With the technology continuously developing, we now have a non-surgical option called thread lift which is becoming a favourite treatment to achieve a facial rejuvenation and youthful results through lifting.
Although results might not be as dramatic as surgery, thread lifts has several advantages compared to other lifting procedure
- It is non-surgical and safe
Being non-invasive, there will be no cutting and reattaching involved which makes the risk very low. Also local anaesthesia during thread lift procedure which eliminates the complications associated with general anaesthesia
- Fast and minimal recovery
Recovery time of thread lifts in the face is comparatively easy and fast because there is no need for surgery compared to facelift which usually take up to two weeks. After the procedure, you can readily go back to your regular habits and even drive yourself when you go home. Just refrain from participating in heavy and difficult activities
- Immediate and subtle result
The results of the thread lift is typically immediately noticeable. Because of this, you can already gauge if you are satisfied and if not, you can have it corrected right away
- Not permanent
If you are not happy with the result of your thread lift, you can always request to have it adjusted, replaced, or even removed. Thread lift is not permanent and when threads are removed, you will just go back to how you looked before the lift.
- Can be performed with other non surgery procedure
Patient can get thread lift simultaneously with other non-surgical treatment to heighten up the results
Are thread lifts treatment safe?
Assesses as low risk, it is generally safe to have this treatment. However, just like other facial rejuvenation procedures, there may be corresponding side effects, risks, and complications
Side effects may take place after the threads such as temporary redness, soft skin tissue swelling, and bruising.
Despite the advance technology at this age and time, the thread lift is not without its own complications
- Infection at the site of treatment
- Pulling and/or dimpling on the area where threads are inserted
- Lump or bulge in the skin caused by unintended movement of the thread
- Pain under the skin because of awkwardly placed threads
How long does brow threads last?
It may not be as enthralling as the results you will get from face lift surgery, depending on the threads used, brow thread lift may last up to a year or so. It will be an advantage if you are knowledgeable on how to maintain it.
Since we cannot stop the ageing, further skin sagging will continue in different areas which may also affect the longevity of the treatment
Additional facial rejuvenation procedure will also help to make it last longer.
What is the recovery time of thread lift?
Because it is non-surgical, recovery time of patient from thread lift is almost non existence. Downtime is just up to 3 days and patient can actually go back to the regular activities right after thread lift is done unless it requires you to engage in strenuous tasks.
Thread nose job
Threads are placed along the nasal bridge to give projection to the nose. The threads are injected under the skin to elevate the bridge and tip while collagen is formed to give it a lift.
Lip augmentation thread
Dissolvable threads help boost collagen in the lips which helps smoothen out the lines around the mouth. It also helps the lips become more define. Compared to fillers, lip threading gives more subtle, authentic, and longer lasting results.
Neck thread lift
Neck is one of the areas usually treated by thread lifts
two frequent problems in the lower face are double chin and jowls
Double chin also know as submental fat is a condition where layers of fat are formed below your chin. Genetics and ageing caused double chin.
Jowls is the sagging skin below the jawline. This is more distinct if skin is thicker and has more fat.
Arm thread lift
Skin may not be as resilient even if there’s an increase in the muscle mass which makes it difficult to tone and tighten the upper arms. Thread lift will resolve this by inserting PDO threads in the upper arm area. Once threads are inserted, new collagen and fibrous tissue develops shortly resulting to a firmer and younger looking upper arm.
Eyelid thread lift
thread lift in the eyelid entails injection of threads in the skin near the eye brow or under the eyes in order to lift the sagging skin. Eye thread gives firmer and smoother look around the eyes.
PDO brow lift cost
Brow thread lift is economical compared to other surgery such as face lift. Roughly, brow thread lift will cost you around $695 to $1295 depending on the intricacy of the thread lift procedure hence your skin situation is evaluated first.
Is brow thread lift painful?
Pain actually depends on the level of tolerance of the patient. In general, there will be minimal pain and slight discomfort with brow lift. Local anaesthesia will be injected to lessen, if not totally get rid of, the sensation.
What to expect after thread lifting?
Just to set the expectations of a patient and to refrain from experiencing anxiety and alarm, below are possible cases a patient might encounter
- Skin deformities like dimpling, puckering, and bunching may be experienced after thread lift but no need to panic as they are just temporary
- Firmness under the skin
- Snapping of threads but this won’t cause unevenness. Tightness will become better after few weeks
- swelling, soreness, and some changes in skin may occur. Swelling may not be visible but it will make the thread feel thicker so it is as if you are feeling the threads. After the healing completed after the procedure, there are threads that you will feel due to its migration. It is like a pimple like sensation under the skin. In many cases, it can be eliminated with appropriate soft massage.
- Threads are injected underneath the skin. They are also clear and cannot be seen even if the skin is fair and thin. Threads can only be visible if placed too close to the surface of the skin.
- Post care, try to be gentle when cleaning your face especially on the thread lift area
Thread lift gone wrong
If you are not happy with the outcome of your thread lift, you can always request to have it modified since it is just temporary.
Threads generally do not break, but if they do, the surgeon can go in with a needle to smooth out the thread and place another thread to readjust the lift.
Over time, there are non-cosmetic doctors who are already performing thread lift procedure. Though thread lift is relatively low risk, It is still best to go to a certified plastic surgeon to prevent from experiencing serious complications
DOs and DON’Ts before and after thread lift
To guarantee safety and to amplify the lifting procedure, patient need to know what they should and shouldn’t do pre and post treatment
- Lessen caffeine and nicotine intake before your procedure.
- It is normal to experience some swelling, bruising, and slight discomfort after the thread lift. There may be a feeling of tightness, pulling, and tenderness. Take Arnica tablets for 3 days before, and continue it for the next 7 days after your thread lifts procedure to help manage swelling and bruising.
- keep away from Vitamin E, Fish oil, and green tea for 10 days before and after the surgery.
- Avoid taking Aspirin, Nurofen, or anti-inflammatories for 2 to 3 weeks prior the procedure.
- 48 hours before and after the procedure, you should not drink alcoholic beverage
- Inform your doctor if f you are taking anticoagulant or blood platelet anti-aggregation drugs
- Vitamin C is recommended specially for smokers because they heal slower than non-smokers
- You may be required to take anti-viral therapy for 3 days before and after surgery if you had cold sores
- For the next 48 hours after thread lift, apply cold compresses on the treated skin area. Gently put the the compress and avoid exerting too much pressure on the skin where the threads were implanted.
- Avoid frequent speaking and laughing for 24 hours post your lifting treatment because they can increase unwanted facial movements and can affect the results.
- Elevate the treated area when sleeping. It is preferred if you sleep on your back for 7 days to avoid pressure on your treated skin.
- Antibiotic therapy is necessary after thread lift. Your Doctor will prescribe an appropriate antibiotic for you.
- For the next 7 days after the thread lift, you should partake soft, warm food so that your mouth only opens minimally
- Drink plenty of liquids but avoid hot drinks. Also, as much as possible, refrain from using straw to minimize muscle movement
- Refrain from smiling, raising your eye brow, or pull down your facial skin
- As much as possible, avoid smoking
- Avoid shaving for 10 days after procedure (because of involuntary grimacing). After 10 days you may shave with a new blade, allowing one pass over the skin without contorting the face. Normal shaving may be resumed after 1 month.
- No make up used in the face for 3-5 days.
- Hold face with your hands if crying, laughing, coughing or sneezing to avoid excessive use of facial muscles.
- No heavy activity for at least 14 days after the lifting.
- Paracetamol or Paracetamol with codeine as required.
If you the following are experienced after the treatment, contact your doctor the soonest possible time
- The face becomes uneven
- Lumps appears on your face where the threads were implanted
- Redness, pain increasing, warm, tender to touch, and other manifestation of possible infection