What Is Nose Threads?
Sagging skin and fine lines and wrinkles are becoming more evident as we get older. With the technology we have now, there is already a non-surgical skin remedy which is thread lifting. Unlike before when the only option you have is surgery, now, thread lift is available and is even becoming a very popular skin reawakening
Also known as lunchtime nose job, nose thread lift is a non surgical treatment which improves the shape of the nose and its contour
It is a nose augmentation that helps raise the nose bridge and nose tip to make it appear higher.
How nose lift work is local anaesthesia is applied and when the nose is already numb, pdo threads are inserted in the nose bridge to give height and prominence.
Threads are composed of suture and cones. The cones holds the sutures which serves as the frame. Threads stimulates collagen, the richest protein in the body and is also a major component of the connective tissue that make up several body parts such as tendons, ligaments, muscles, and skin. As new collagen revitalize, it naturally helps in tightening of the skin
There are two FDA approved absorbable threads, MINT (Minimal Invasive Nonsurgical Thread) PDO threads and Silhouette Soft
What’s the difference between nose thread lift and nose dermal fillers?
Both are safe non-surgical nose treatment which have less downtime. Nose fillers involves injecting hyaluronic acid fillers to add volume to the nose while nose lifts uses pdo threads that stimulates the collagen aiding the nose bridge and nose tip to elevate
Nose thread lift last up to 1 to 2 years which is longer compared to nose dermal fillers which may endure up to 12 months.
Nose fillers are recommended for individuals with flat bridge and ill-defined nose tip while nose lift best works for slightly off-centered nose, ill defined bride, big or poor angle nose tips
Is nose thread lift safe?
Nose threads are relatively safe. Unlike dermal filler that may cause skin necrosis and even blindness, nose threads risks include swelling and soreness, scarring, infection, and extruded threads which are considered low.
How much will it cost to get nose threads?
Average cost for threads ranges from $695 to $1295. You won’t know the exact cost until the state of your skin is evaluated because charges is not by the threads but on the complexity of the thread lift procedure. You also have to factor in the experience and level of expertise of the doctor who will perform the treatment. Please take note that price in Australia changes per region.
How long do nose injections last?
Nose threads may last up to 1 to 2 years depending on how you maintain it that’s why it is a factor that you follow the pre and post instruction as it has a direct effect on the result. . You may also opt for other face and skin rejuvenation procedure to compliment your nose enhancement
What should I do after a nose thread lift?
It is best that you consult all the things you need to know and do after nose thread lift
It is very important that you obey your doctor’s orders to receive the finest end result and to ensure safety
- Lessen, if not eliminate, caffeine and nicotine before the procedure.
- Take Arnica tablets for 3 days before, and continuing for 7 days after your thread lifts procedure to help minimise bruising and swelling.
- Avoid Vitamin E, Fish oil, and green tea for 10 days before and after the thread lift.
- Refrain from drinking Aspirin, Nurofen, or anti-inflammatories for 2-3 weeks before the procedure. Advise your doctor right away of you are on anti-inflammatories
- Prevent from drinking alcohol for 48 hours before and after
- If you are taking anticoagulant or blood platelet anti-aggregation drugs, kindly inform your doctor
- It is recommended to take vitamin C especially for smokers because healing tends to be slower compared to non-smokers.
- Please discuss this with the Doctor if you suffer from cold sores . You may need to take anti-viral therapy for 3 days pre and post surgery.
- Apply cold compresses on the treated skin area for the first 48 hours after thread lift procedure. Remember, no pressure is to be exerted on the skin. The compresses should only be placed gently on the areas where the threads have been implanted.
- Immediately after, refrain from speaking frequently and laughing excessively up to 24 hours. Excessive speaking and laughter can increase unwanted facial movements and can affect the results.
- Elevate the treated area when sleeping. Use extra pillows and support, and sleep on your back for 7 days. Do not sleep with pressure on the areas where nose lift was performed
- Antibiotic therapy is necessary after thread lift. It is best to consult your doctor so you will be prescribed an appropriate antibiotic for you.
- After the nose lift, it is recommended that you consume soft, warm food so that your mouth only opens a small amount for 7 days.
- Drink plenty of fluids. Avoid very hot drinks.
- Do not pull your face down.
- Refrain from raising your eyebrows or smile.
- Avoid smoking if possible.
- Straws should not be used when drinking as this distorts the facial muscles.
- Avoid shaving for 10 days after procedure (because of involuntary grimacing). New blade should be used after 10 days, allowing one pass over the skin without contorting the areas of the face. Normal shaving may be resumed after 1 month.
- Make up should not be used for 3-5 days.
- Hold face with your hands if crying, laughing, coughing or sneezing to avoid excessive use of facial muscle tissue.
- No strenuous exercise for at least 14 days. Light exercise like walking is okay.
- Take Paracetamol or Paracetamol with codeine as required.
- It is normal to experience some swelling, bruising, and slight discomfort after the thread lift areas. Thread lift results to feeling of tightness, pulling, and tenderness.
For anything peculiar occurs after thread lifting, contact your doctor or clinic immediately