Eyebrow Thread Lift
Eyebrow Thread Lift
As ageing happens continuously, the skin in the face and neck tends to lose firmness and becomes saggy. Skin laxity is due to the decrease of collagen fibre and the volume of a fibrous scleroprotein found in elastic tissues called elastin. Loss in strength and volume causes fine lines, wrinkles and sagging of the skin. Back in the days, the only cosmetic treatment available for these skin problems is surgery until thread lifts is uncovered.
Thread lifts is a minimally invasive procedure which provides progressive rejuvenation for the facial tissue. Thread lifts are typically done on an outpatient basis. Threads involves application of local anaesthetic and making small incision in areas to be treated and using a specially designed thin needle , inserting threads. Thread lifts and suspends the under the skin. While threads are in place, the healing response of the body is triggered causing it to produce new collagen to the treated areas.
One of the main purpose of collagen is to support the growth factor. Collagen is the most abundant protein in the body and is the major component of the connective tissue that make up several body parts such as tendons, ligaments, muscles, and skin. Aside from being used to heal wounds, collagen also aids in giving structure to the skin, keeping it strong, voluminous, and agile
Threads used have two major materials, while threading lift under the skin, the suture functions as the frame under and the cone which holds the suture.
Who is a good candidate for thread lift?
Statistically, those who will benefit the most for threads are men and women over the age of 30 who are wanting to regain their youthful appearance
There are several surgery and procedure that can help enhance your appearance and you have to make sure that thread lift is the one for you. Even if the treatment is not permanent, you still have to be committed before you undergo thread lift. If you are not sure how thread lift will work for you, it is best to speak with your doctor
Also, it is wise to have your face and skin evaluated because individuals with very thin skin due to genetics, advancing age, or too much sun exposure is not a good candidate of thread lift. Other facial rejuvenation treatment will be recommended for them.
How much does a thread lift treatment Cost?
If you want a low cost procedure for your sagging skin, thread lift procedure may be the treatment for you. Compared to the thousands of dollars that you will spend for face lift surgery, average cost of thread lifting is just between $695 to $1295. Total amount won’t be based on the number of threads to be used but on how difficult the procedure will be that’s why it is recommended to have your skin evaluated first before you go through the treatment.
What are the benefits of thread lift?
Although result may not be as amplified as surgery, thread lifts has many positive edge compared to other lifting procedure
- It is safe
Thread lift has minimal side effects such as bruising, swelling, and soreness which in general makes it very low risk and safe. Complications associated with general anaesthesia is also avoided because local anaesthesia is used when thread lifting
Over time, there are other doctors who are already doing thread lift procedure. Though thread lift is relatively low risk, It is still best to go to a certified plastic surgeon to prevent from experiencing serious complications
- Fast recovery time
You can recover from thread lift almost immediately after the treatment. Because of this, you can readily go back to your daily routine and even drive yourself when you go home. Just refrain from participating in heavy and difficult activities.
Also, healing time is quick, patient can get thread lift simultaneously with other non-surgical face and skin treatment which can magnify the threads results
- Immediate and subtle results
The results of the thread lift is typically visible right away. Because of this, you can already gauge if you are satisfied and if not, you may have it corrected right away. You can always request to have it adjusted, replaced, or even removed since its not permanent and just go back to how you previously look.
How long does a thread lift last?
Thread lift may last up to 12 months but there are several factors that may affect the longevity of the skin treatment
Since we cannot hinder the continuity of sagging skin because of ageing and gravity, it is good to learn how to manage it properly to maintain the thread lift longer
You may also consider top up procedure to supplement the results of your threads and make it more enduring
Is a thread lift painful?
Pain actually depends on the level of tolerance of the patient. In general, there will be minimal pain and slight discomfort. Local anaesthesia will be injected to lessen, if not totally get rid of, the sensation as the threads lift the skin tissue.
What should you not do before and after a thread lift?
To make sure that there will be no complications after the thread lift procedure, it is wise to strictly obey your doctor’s instructions
- Minimize, if not eliminate, caffeine and nicotine before your procedure.
- Face threads results to side effects like swelling, bruising, and slight discomfort after the thread lift. 3 days pre 7 days post your thread lifts procedure, take arnica tablet to help with the swelling and bruising.
- Side effects also results to feeling of tightness, pulling, and tenderness in the face.
- Do not take Vitamin E, Fish oil, and green tea for 10 days before and after the treatment.
- For at least 2 to 3 weeks before the treatment, avoid taking anti-inflammatories such as aspirin.
- Withdraw from alcoholic drinks 48 hours before and after the procedure
- Inform your doctor if f you are taking anticoagulant or blood platelet anti-aggregation drugs
- Drink Vitamin C specially if you smoke because smoking makes the healing process slower
- You may need to take anti-viral therapy for 3 days before and after surgery if you had cold sores
- For the next 48 hours after thread lift, gently apply cold compresses on the treated skin area. Be careful on exerting too much pressure on the skin where the threads were implanted.
- As much as possible, refrain from excessive speaking and laughing for the next 24 hours from the lifting treatment to avoid unwanted facial movements
- Avoid smiling, raising your eyebrows, or pull down your facial skin
- If you cannot avoid crying, laughing, coughing or sneezing, at least gently hold your face to avoid excessive use of facial muscles.
- Raise the treated area when sleeping. It is suggested to sleep on your back for 7 days from thread lift procedure to avoid pressure on your treated skin.
- Antibiotic will be prescribed to you after thread lift.
- For the next 7 days after the thread lift, you should only eat soft, and warm food to lessen opening of the mouth
- Drink plenty of liquids every time but avoid hot drinks. Also, as much as possible, refrain from using straw to avoid distortion of muscle
- Keep away from smoking
- Avoid shaving for 10 days after procedure (because of involuntary grimacing). After 10 days you may shave with a new blade, allowing one pass over the skin without contorting the face. Normal shaving may be resumed after 1 month.
- For 3 to 5 days, do not put make-up on your face
- No difficult partaking for at least 14 days after the lifting.
- You my need Paracetamol or Paracetamol with codeine
If you encounter the following after the treatment, contact your doctor the soonest possible time
- Your face becomes uneven
- Bump appears on your face where the threads were implanted
- If you suspect infection (such as redness, pain increasing, warm, tender to touch