Eye Thread Lift
Eye Thread Lift
Naturally, as time passes and we get older, the skin in the face and neck tends to lose strength which results to sagging skin. Skin laxity is caused by the reduction of collagen fibre and the volume of a fibrous scleroprotein found in elastic tissues called elastin. Loss in strength and volume causes fine lines, wrinkles and skin sagging. Before, the only cosmetic treatment available for these skin problems is surgery until thread lifts is uncovered.
Thread lifts is a minimally invasive procedure which provides progressive rejuvenation for the facial tissue. Thread lifts are typically done on an out patient basis. Threads call for application of local anaesthetic and inserting threads.
Threads used have two major component, while threading lift under the skin, the suture functions as the frame under and the cone which holds the suture.
Thread lifts and suspends the under the skin. While threads are in place, it activates the production of new collagen and the healing response of the body
Collagen is a bountiful protein in the body and is the major part of the connective tissue that make up several body parts such as tendons, ligaments, muscles, and skin. Aside from being used to heal wounds, One of the main purpose of collagen is to support the growth factor. Collagen also assist in providing structure to the skin, keeping it strong, voluminous, and agile.
Thread lifts are commonly used in what area?
Thread lift loose skin in these common face and neck areas for facial rejuvenation
Folds and wrinkles becomes more evident. Thread lift will aid in smoothening the lines through lifting but take note that it won’t address the volume loss of the cheeks.
thread lift the eyelid by inserting the thread into skin under the eye or near the eyebrow. thread lifts gives a firmer and smoother look around the eye.
Brow lift will reduce lines above the eyelids and will give the eyebrow a youthful appearance
Sagging of the skin between the scalp and eyebrow area can have forehead thread lift procedure
The best candidates for the threads are those with developing jowls and sagging skin, usually around the cheeks and jawline. Before, facelift is the only option to address these face and skin concerns but now, thread lift is already an alternative
Threads are placed along the nasal bridge for the height and septum to give the nose a projection. After injections, threads lift the bridge and tip while collagen is formed to give supportable lift.
How long does a thread lift last?
Longevity of thread lift treatment will last up to 12 months but may be longer depending on how you manage it.
You may need repeat lift procedure after several month to ensure continuity of the results and contemplate on additional treatment to complement the thread lift
How much does a thread lift Cost in Australia?
It varies on the location where you will have the treatment done as the prices differ per region in Australia. In an average, estimate cost ranges from $695 to $1295 which is still economical than getting a surgery like face lift. More often than not, the amount to be quoted to you will depend on how complicated the procedure will be which will be based from the state of your face and skin hence it is wise to have your face and skin evaluated first just to set your expectation
Why thread lift?
Being non-invasive makes the risk very low. Also local anaesthesia during thread lift procedure which eliminates the complications associated with general anaesthesia
Nowadays, Aside from plastic surgeon, other doctors are already performing treatment. Though thread lift is relatively low risk and an easy process, It is still best to go to a certified plastic surgeon to prevent serious complications
- Prompt and natural looking result
The results of the thread lift is immediately noticeable. Typically, you will see results will only after 2 to 6 months from the time of procedure as the collagen revitalisation is triggered once the body absorbed the thread. Initial results though will be seen right after after thread lift treatment. Because of this, you can already gauge if you are satisfied and if not, you can have it replaced with new thread and corrected right away since it is just temporary.
- Recovery time is fast
Compared to other facial and skill enhancement, this treatment has the least recovery time and downtime is just up to 3 days. After the treatment, you can readily go back to your regular routine and just refrain from participating in difficult activities. Since recovery is very quick, you can have new non-surgical treatment done right away or even simultaneous
Is a thread lift painful?
Pain actually depends on the level of tolerance of the patient. In general, there will be minimal pain and slight discomfort. Local anaesthesia will be injected to lessen, if not totally get rid of, the sensation.
Who are good candidates for thread lifts
Demographically speaking, Those who can take the most advantage from thread lift are men and women over the age of 30 who are already experiencing the signs of ageing. Threading lift loose skin which results to patient having fresher and young vibe
Patient with very thin skin due to genetics, advancing age, or too much sun exposure won’t be a good candidate and other facial rejuvenation treatment will be recommended for them.
Thread lift before and after care
- Lessen caffeine and nicotine intake before your procedure.
- Drink plenty of liquids but refrain from drinking hot beverage and using straw.
- For the next 7 days after the thread lift, you should partake soft, warm food so that your mouth only opens minimally
- 48 hours before and after the procedure, you should not drink alcoholic beverage
- As much as possible, avoid smoking. It is recommended for smokers to drink Vitamin C because they tend to heal slower than non-smokers
- It is normal to experience some swelling, bruising, and slight discomfort after the thread lift. There may be a feeling of tightness, pulling, and tenderness. Take Arnica tablets for 3 days before, and continue it for the next 7 days after your thread lifts procedure to help manage swelling and bruising.
- keep away from Vitamin E, Fish oil, and green tea for 10 days before and after the surgery.
- Avoid taking Aspirin, Nurofen, or anti-inflammatories for 2 to 3 weeks prior the procedure.
- Inform your doctor if f you are taking anticoagulant or blood platelet anti-aggregation drugs
- You may be required to take anti-viral therapy for 3 days before and after surgery if you had cold sores
- For the next 48 hours after thread lift, apply cold compresses on the treated skin area. Gently put the the compress and avoid exerting too much pressure on the skin where the threads were implanted.
- Avoid frequent speaking and laughing for 24 hours post your lifting treatment because they can increase unwanted facial movements and can affect the results.
- Avoid smiling, raising your eyebrows, or pull down your facial skin
- Hold face gently with your hands if you cannot keep away from crying, laughing, coughing or sneezing to avoid excessive use of facial muscles.
- Elevate the treated area when sleeping. It is preferred if you sleep on your back for 7 days to avoid pressure on your treated skin.
- Antibiotic therapy is necessary after thread lift. Your Doctor will prescribe an appropriate antibiotic for you.
- Paracetamol or Paracetamol with codeine as required.
- Avoid shaving for 10 days after procedure (because of involuntary grimacing). After 10 days you may shave with a new blade, allowing one pass over the skin without contorting the face. Normal shaving may be resumed after 1 month.
- Do not use make up for 3-5 days.
- No heavy activity for at least 14 days after the lifting.
If the following occur after the treatment, contact your doctor the soonest possible time
- Your face becomes uneven
- Bump appears on your face where the threads were implanted
- If you suspect infection (such as redness, pain increasing, warm, tender to touch