Aptos Threads: What You Need To Know
Aptos thread lifting procedure is normally performed under local anesthesia. It has the largest thread range and techniques on thread lifting in Australia. At least 2 months after the procedure, connective tissue framework will be formed around the threads and the result can be assessed by then. The maximum result of Aptos threads depends from patient to patient as well as the method that the doctor has chosen. Thread lifting also helps elevating various parts of face and body without the need of having several incisions.
These threads are made of both absorbable and non-absorbable material which are (poly-L-lactic acid + caprolactone and polypropylene). Polylactic threads are used in medicines for many years and are non-allergic and fully absorbable, whereas polypropylene threads are used in surgery for how many years now. These threads help in rejuvenation and lifting.
Specially designed barbs can be found in aptos threads that help with soft grip in surrounding tissues. Skin starts to produce more collagen once absorbable threads dissolve and gives longer-lasting result and also help improving colour, texture, hydration and tone.
Thread Lift can help patients with loose or sagging skin without having downtime. Generally, Thread Lift is recommended to treat different areas:
- Reducing the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles
- Improve fullness of the lips
- Helps sagging eyebrows to be elevated
- Helps sagging cheeks to be lifted and to add volume
- Refresh marionette lines and nasolabial folds and helps elevating them
- Lifting and revitalizing jowl area
Benefits of Aptos Thread Lifting
- Process takes around 30-45 minutes to complete
- Minimal downtime
- Results are immediately evident
- Lifting and regenerating as double action advantage
- Procedure is minimally invasive and can be performed under local anesthesia, good for patients with low pain tolerance
- Gives long lasting effect
Results will be immediately evident and continuous improvement will be visible over the next months. The thread lift benefits can last for several years depending on each patient and the targeted area.
Treatments Best Combined With Aptos Thread Lifting
These treatments can be done alongside with Aptos threads to achieve best results:
- PRP – same day, prior or after
- Laser – a month prior or after
- Chemical peeling – same day or after
- Fillers – a couple of weeks after
- Anti wrinkle injections – 2 weeks prior
What Do I Have to Do Before the Procedure?
Patients that are best qualified in having Aptos Thread Lifting age between 35 to 55 years old having a little sagging of the skin and have a good skin condition. However, surgery might be the option if there is too much sagging of skin.
- It is essential to have an initial consultation with the doctor prior to treatment to discuss the entire process and desired results. It is best to disclose the information about the medications that you have taken and are currently taking.
- There is no special preparation that has to be done prior to the procedure.
- Blood-thinning medications and Vitamin E should be avoided a week before and after treatment
The entire treatment should be done by a professional cosmetic doctor who has undergone training.
Apart from the below guide, we will also send after care guide to follow through after the treatment.
- You can be swollen for up to two (2) weeks after the treatment depending on the treated area. However, patient may apply make-up after 24 hours to conceal any pale bruising and swelling.
- There might also be some irregularities on your skin and patient might experience slight depression which will subside after few days.
- You may take medications or pain killers for 2-3 days after the treatment
- Immediately put ice packs after the treatment is done
- Do not apply make up within 24 hours after the procedure
- Sleep in an elevated position, face up, for approximately 3-5 nights
- Do not rub your face while washing in 5-7 days and avoid face and neck massage for a month
- Do not expose the treated area to sunlight for two (2) weeks
- No extreme activities for two (2) weeks
- Do not use saunas and avoid dental surgery for three (3) weeks
- Antibiotics can be prescribed if there is a high risk of infection
You Are Not Qualified on Having Aptos Threads if You Have/Are:
- Skin infection such as active acne
- Undergoing chemotherapy
- Uncontrollable hypertension
- Scleroderma, sarcoidosis, amyloidosis, etc
- Hepatitis B and C
- Mental disorders
- Pregnant or breast feeding
- Severe diseases
Possible Complications on Having Aptos Thread Lifting
- Swelling and bruising on the treated area might be experienced
- Some irregularities on your skin and patient might experience slight depression
- Allergic reactions
- Thread migration
- Possible infection or inflammation
- Skin retraction and dimple formation
- Visible thread contouring
- Thread fixation weakening
What will I look like after the procedure?
Aptos Thread Lifting does not leave scars or changes the original features of the face compared to traditional face lift. You will be more likely to look like your younger self.
Are there any side effects?
Most of the treatments generally have side effects although not all patients are experiencing them. These are temporary and may include swelling, pain, bruising and temporal asymmetry which should disappear after few days.
Can I go to work immediately after having Aptos Thread Lift?
Most patients who have undergone treatment may resume work the same day. However, patients who had multiple threads may feel discomfort. Aptos Thread Lift can be done based on patient’s preference and can be combined with other cosmetic procedures.
How much does Aptos Thread Lift cost?
There are 50 different methods of application with 30 different types of threads in the Aptos range. The cost will depend on the complexity of the procedure and the amount of threads that have to be used. Best to have a consultation with the cosmetic doctor to be assessed and have a final quotation.
What are the recommended medications after treatment?
- The patient can apply Arnica cream to ease swelling several times a day for 1-2 weeks
- The patient can also take anti histamines if needed
- The doctor may also recommend wide spectrum of antibiotics which can be taken for 5 days for infection prophylaxis
- Wear anelastic bandage for 2 weeks if necessary
- If the patient experiences any side effects that are not mentioned above, contact the cosmetic doctor immediately